Sunday, 11 April 2010

Grampian 2

Well by this time we had been working well with Grampian for a few years and had all bedded into the system. As I have said in the last blog there were faults with it and frustrations but I guess there is with all computer systems. Is there one that works perfectly?

But the system was creaking at the knees and
Grampian had decided that they were going to stop updating it and a Grampian 2 was already in many companies. It was time for us to move on as well. The new system would bring other parts of the company into it as well, including the payroll.

This was another learning curve and one that I was to learn and then forget as I had to have an operation in the middle of the input. We all learned the operation of the system and once again a two part learning curve was put in place with both the old and new systems running at the same time until they both worked and the new one could take the place of the old.

In the middle of that I had my operation and was off for about nine weeks. I have had a hiatus
hernia for years and it had been playing up more and more. The doctors eventually decided that a big operation was needed and I would be in hospital for a week with several weeks recovery after that. So that took nine weeks and in the middle of that the new system was put in place and I had to go back and learn it all again when I went back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog. I hope you found it enjoyable. Let me know what you think.